Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Audiobook Review: Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M.C. Beaton

Agatha Raisin is back in the village of Carsely, after spending a holiday abroad. She's determined to snag the heart of neighbor, James Lacey. However when James doesn't return her advances, Agatha catches the eye of the new vet, Paul Bladen. However before a romance can truly begin, Paul Bladen, turns up dead. Despite it being ruled as an accident, Agatha is certain that it is murder, and drags James Lacey along to help investigate. Agatha hopes to not only make James fall in love with her, but solve the murder too!

Oh Agatha, how I love thee! You are spunky, speak your mind and are behaving like a boy-crazy middled aged woman! It's impossible not to like Agatha with her zest for life. This time she has romance on the mind as she chases vet, Paul Bladen, and retired Colonel, James Lacey. Of course when it doesn't go her way she stamps her feet and becomes more determined.

This series has such a great colorful cast of characters, and it was great to see many of them returning in the second book. I would have liked to have seen more of the Carsely Ladies Society, but I'm sure they will be popping up in the next book too.

This audiobook flew by in a torrent of enjoyable goings on in the village, as Agatha and James try to solve the murder. Before I knew it the murder was solved and the audio was finished, leaving me wanting to grab the next one.

The first book in this series was narrated by Penelope Keith, and this second one was narrated by Diana Bishop. I really wished they hadn't changed narrators. Where Penelope was great and expressed all the color of the characters of Carsely, Diana fell flat for me. At times I had a hard time distinguishing the voices and it was really the story that pulled me through to the end of the book, with no help from the narrator. If you are a cozy mystery fan, this is a such a great series and I intend to continue on. The next in the series is narrated by Penelope Keith, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment