Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Book Review: Drizzled with Death by Jessie Crockett

Welcome to Sugar Grove, New Hampshire. Dani Greene is a fourth-generation maple syrup maker. Her family has always made maple syrup and she’s trying to take the family business even further – with not just maple syrup, but organic maple syrup and other products. Her grand plans are disrupted when at a pancake breakfast, Alanza Speedwell falls dead in her pancakes. When Dani learns that the syrup, supplied by her farm, was poisoned, suspicion falls onto her family. With her ex-boyfriend investigating the case, Dani is determined to clear her family’s name.

Being an Australian-Canadian I love maple syrup. In Canada, we put it on everything! A cozy mystery series featuring maple syrup… well I’m all over that!!! I lapped up Drizzled with Death like a tall stack flowing with syrup! It was sweet, enjoyable and I loved every minute of it.

Dani Greene is the youngest, and her older brother and sister sure don’t think she has it in her to grow the family business, and she’s determined to prove them wrong! Even if it means finding a killer first! I love her dogged determined attitude and how quirky she is!! She certainly gets into some funny situations…. including wrestling camels, cassowaries and kangaroos!!

The mystery was well put together and had my inner amateur sleuth working overtime, trying to solve it before Dani. I was in suspense, right up until the end, while I watched the mystery unravel before me.

I’m really looking forward to reading the next book in this series, Maple Mayhem. Dani and her family were a hoot and I can’t wait to see what trouble Dani is going to get into next!

No comments:

Post a Comment