Monday, January 4, 2021

Book Review: Under the Cover of Murder by Lauren Elliott

It's finally time for Serena Chandler and Zach Ludlow to walk down the aisle. However, as with any wedding there is bound to be a hiccup or two! This time the trouble comes in the form of a dead body found on the beach, and an uninvited guest. Will Addie Greyborne and Police Chief, Marc Chandler, be able to solve the crime before Serena and Zach's big day is ruined? Not if Addie has anything to do with it!

Ever since Addie Greyborne stepped into Greyborne Harbour in Murder by the Book I've been absolutely smitten with this series. It is a bibliophile's dream, with all the bookish treasures at both Addie's store and her house. This time the bookish treasures have moved aboard a luxury yacht, and there is the mystery of not-quite-right "first editions"!

With the murders surrounding the first editions, I love that this gives Addie a reason to "snoop"! Not that she wouldn't have tried to anyway. She sweeps up friends, Catherine and Paige, along with her, and the three make a fabulous detective trio as they follow the clues.

The mystery itself was first class! The entire time I was on the completely wrong track, and I didn't manage to solve it before Addie and Marc. I loved that the mystery was a "locked room", in that the entire group were stuck on the boat! It definitely had a very modern-day "Agatha Christie" feel to it.

Under the Cover of Murder is my favourite in this series so far! The ending gave me all the cozy "curled-toes" feeling, and I just loved trying to solve it alongside Addie! If you haven't visited Greyborne Harbour yet I thoroughly recommend you do! Start with Murder by the Book and you'll be so hooked, that you will want to read them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment