Monday, April 25, 2022

Book Review: A Margin for Murder by Lauren Elliott

It's time for another adventure with bookseller, Addie Greyborne. This time she's on the road with her assistant, Paige, as they travel to nearby town, Pen Hollow, for a library booksale. There appears to be tension at the booksale, as the library is closing down, and the town is very angry at both the Mayor, and the benefactor that has pulled out. Addie is planning on just buying a few books and leaving. However, when the option to buy the bookmobile turns up, Addie leaps at the chance. Her vision for driving around in the bookmobile is short lived though, when it is involved in a fatal crash. What appears to be an accident soon turns to murder, especially when the local Sheriff is determined to point the finger at Addie and Paige.

The Beyond the Page Bookstore Mysteries are one of my absolute favourites. I love books about books, and this one is a first class series. Every story delivers a tantalizing story, involving interesting books and a fascinating whodunnit. Of course, there is also the sub-plots surrounding Addie and her friends, that keep me coming back for more.

I really liked the setting of picturesque Pen Hollow, with all its history and gothic intrigue. The murder itself was interesting and difficult to solve. I didn't manage to solve it before Addie did, and  the ending left me saying "oh my". It was definitely a denouement that would make Agatha Christie proud!

I absolutely loved everything about A MARGIN FOR MURDER. Beyond the mystery, Addie's friend, Serena, is pregnant and there is a lot going on in Addie's love life. The ending gave me that "curled toes in cozy delight" feeling, and I can't wait for the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment