Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Book Review: A Fatal Groove by Olivia Blacke

For the residents of Cedar River, it's time for the annual Bluebonnet Festival. Nothing is more Texan than a day in the sunshine and celebrating the beautiful Bluebonnets. Our favourite record-loving DJs are looking forward to serving up the beats and caffeine at the festival. However, things go awry [don't they always around the Jessup girls!] when the mayor is found dead, and Tansy Jessup is suspected of murder! It will take all of Juni, Tansy and Maggie's best sleuthing skills to solve this one!

I just adored Vinyl Resting Place, the first book in this series. It was fresh and fun, and my first time reading a cozy mystery set in a record store. While I definitely listen to music, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between vinyl and streaming, and so Vinyl Resting Place was a learning experience for me!

A Fatal Groove picks right up and delivers a fun, fast paced mystery! 

I'm Australian, and have lived in Canada for 16 years. I've never been to Texas, but oh wow.... if Olivia Blacke's descriptions are anything to go by, I want to go! The descriptions of the Bluebonnets and the history behind the Cedar River Bank Robbery is absolutely delightful! Australians are no stranger to bank robberies, so I particularly loved how this storyline intertwined with the murder. 

Juni is an absolute delight. She's kind, determined and always there for her family and friends. It's an adventure a minute when the Jessup girls are around! 

If you're looking for a fun and fresh mystery, you need to pick up Vinyl Resting Place and A Fatal Groove. They're the coziest of cozy mysteries and the perfect summer reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment