Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Book Review: Murder on Cape Cod by Maddie Day

Welcome to picturesque Cape Cod, where it's all sunshine and trails.... that is until Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida discovers a dead body on the trail.  When her brother looks to be pegged with the crime, Mac, along with the help of her "cozy capers", sets about to find a killer and clear her brothers name!

I first discovered Murder on Cape Cod thanks to the Audible Plus catalogue. I was browsing through, looking for my next great listen and this one popped up! Within a chapter I was absolutely hooked! It had all the elements I love in a cozy, with one added extra.... the main character LOVES cozy mysteries and is part of a book club [the cozy capers] that just read cozy mysteries! This made my cozy heart soar!

The mystery of who killed Jake Lacey was thrilling! Right up until the murderer revealed themselves I had no clue who it was. There were so many elements to the mystery and I tried to pick up the pieces but even I [a very seasoned cozy reader] didn't put the pieces together before Mac and her friends. I absolutely love it when an author stumps me!

If you like mysteries about mysteries, you need to add this one to your list! There are more books in the series, and I'm excited to get to know more of the locals of Cape Cod!

No comments:

Post a Comment