Monday, March 28, 2016

Audiobook Review: Dishing the Dirt by M.C. Beaton

A therapist had moved into the village of Carsely and Agatha Raisin hates her. Not only was this therapist, Jill Davent, romancing Agatha's ex-husband, but she had dug up details of Agatha's slum background.
Added to that, Jill was counselling a woman called Gwen Simple from Winter Parva and Agatha firmly believed Gwen to have assisted her son in some grisly murders, although has no proof she had done so.
A resentment is different from a dislike and needs to be shared, so as the friendship between James and Jill grows stronger, the more Agatha does to try to find out all she can about her. When Jill is found strangled to death in her office two days' later, Agatha finds herself under suspicion - and must fight to clear her name.[summary via Goodreads]
I'm a huge fan of Agatha's [mis]adventures and I enjoyed watching Agatha try to untangle another mystery. This time it is the death of a therapist, one who seemed to be out to dig up the dirt on Agatha! What follows was many more murders and Agatha trying to find the real killer!

James was somewhat absent from this adventure and for that I'm glad. I much prefer Charles and Agatha pairing up to solve the crimes!! In my heart of hearts I'm still hoping that Charles and Agatha will end up together.

While I much prefer Penelope Keith to narrate I did slowly get used to Alison Larkin narrating. To me Penelope will always be the voice of "Agatha" but Alison has become a second choice. I do hold up the hope that one day Penelope will go back to narrating these books.

I enjoyed this latest installment and I know it will be a slow 11 months as I eagerly anticipate the next book.

Title Information:
Dishing the Dirt by M.C. Beaton
Book #26 of Agatha Raisin Mysteries
Published by Blackstone Audio/Minotaur Books
Purchase Dishing the Dirt at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment