Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Book Review: Knits, Knots and Knives by Emmie Caldwell

For once things seem to be running smoothly for knitting enthusiast Lia Geiger. Her daughter is living on her own and happy with her new job on the alpaca farm. Plus, Lia and her Ninth Street Knitters have been knitting for the Civil War reenactment being held on the grounds next to the Crandalsburg Craft Fair. It’s all fun and battle games until one of the “injured soldiers” turns out to be the very real victim of a murder, and Lia’s friend and neighbor falls under deep suspicion. Suddenly, the good folks of Crandalsburg are spinning all kinds of yarns and pointing fingers at one another. Lucky for Lia, she has the combined wits of the Ninth Street Knitters to help her ply the truth from this crafty killer.[summary via publisher]

By day I'm a yarn dyer and knitter, and by night I love to read cozy mysteries... which is why the Craft Fair Knitters Mysteries are a match made in heaven for me!

Lia along with her daughter, Hayley, and her friends are gearing up for the Crandalsburg Craft Fair and a Civil War reenactment. However, things go awry when the reenactment turns real and one of the participants is killed. When Lia's neighbour is fingered for the crime, Lia and the Ninth Street Knitters must put their heads together and solve the crime.

I love this series! It deftly combines my two favourite things: knitting and a good mystery! This one was especially good! Growing up in Australia, I've never seen a Civil War reenactment in person. I now live in Canada, and I have to say I still haven't. However, Emmie Caldwell writes such a good tale, that I felt like I was alongside Lia and Hayley and watching it all unfold!

Emmie Caldwell always delivers a first class whodunnit, and Knits, Knots and Knives was especially good! It was a race to the finish, as I tried to solve the mystery before Lia and her friends.

If you like a good story with a side order of yarn delight, I highly recommend this series. It's the perfect book to put in your favourite yarn-lovers stocking this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment