Monday, January 30, 2023

Book Review: Death by Arts and Crafts by Alexis Morgan

As the newest member of the Snowberry Creek City Council, perpetually overextended Abby McCree is picked to liaise between the council and the new planning committee for the town’s first ever arts and crafts fair. As far as gigs go, it’s a fun one—Abby’s spending the weekend tooling around Washington State, checking out similar fairs with her two besties, coffee shop owner Bridey Roker, and ceramic artisan Dayna Fisk.

As Abby spreads the word about Snowberry Creek’s fair, recruiting the industry’s biggest movers and makers, the trip feels like a glittering success. But then, someone is found murdered at one of the events and vendors begin disappearing amid suspicious circumstances. Abby’s determined to keep her hands clean, until Dayna finds herself stuck at the top of the suspect list. Now, Abby must weave the clues together and clear her friend’s name before the killer claims another victim—maybe even Abby herself . . .   [summary via Amazon]

Death by Arts and Crafts  is the sixth book in the Abby McCree mysteries, and my first introduction to Snowberry Creek. However, it definitely won't be my last, because I absolutely loved this book!

Coming off a reading slump, I dove straight into this mystery centred around an arts and crafts fair. Snowberry Creek is getting ready for its first arts and crafts fair, and as a new member to the council, Abby McCree is helping out. However, she gets more than she wishes for when a dead body turns up and one of her friends gets tangled up in the mystery!

From the first page, I was absolutely hooked! The author writes believable, likeable characters and I couldn't wait to take an adventure with them! Abby is determined to not get involved in another murder case, and she really does try to stay out of it. Unfortunately trouble seems to follow her around. Especially as her friend, Dayna, seems to be tangled up in it!

About halfway through the book I was convinced I had identified the killer, and I was happy to be mostly right! I love when the ending is a surprise, and I definitely got a surprise with this one! The final denouement was thrilling, and kept me hooked until the end.

I am just smitten with the characters in Snowberry Creek, and while I wait for the next book to come out, I will be going back to read the earlier mysteries! If you haven't visited Snowberry Creek you need to... today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment