Monday, April 3, 2023

Book Review: Beer and Loathing by Ellie Alexander

Sloan Krause is back! Sloan and Garrett are looking forward to the arrival of Garrett's parents and sister, in their first visit since he opened Nitro. However, not all is clear sailing [or skiing!], when his family get delayed in arriving, and a skier is found dead on the trails. Will Sloan and Garrett be able to solve the mystery before the killer strikes again?

The answer is... of course! This is Sloan after all!

I've been [im]patiently waiting for a new Sloan Krause mystery, and I was so thrilled when one was announced. This series is in my top 3 favourite series! It's well written, clever, and always with a fantastic whodunnit! I just adore every visit to Leavenworth! The atmosphere, the people, and of course.... the brewing and food!

Here's a fun fact. I don't drink beer. Beyond having celiacs, I have never enjoyed beer. However, this series really makes me interested in the process, and the amazing flavours that Sloan and Garrett craft together!

I really enjoyed the mystery. I've been reading a LOT of cozy mysteries lately and it was enjoyable to discover one where the whodunnit wasn't the same method or reasoning behind it, as some of the others I've read recently. 

Ellie Alexander crafts the perfect mystery in Beer and Loathing and I can't wait for the next one! Please, please let there be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment