Thursday, April 13, 2023

Book Review: Murder in a Village Church by Victoria Walters

Nancy Hunter, along with her grandmother, Jane, and her best friend, Jonathan, are back to solve another mystery... and this one is very close to home! After hearing that Nancy's mother, who ran away when she was six, was spotted at a Christmas party near Dedley End, Nancy is determined to find her mother and get a few answers. However, what unravels is a mystery worthy of the greats, as together with Jane and Jonathan, they must not only find her mother, but also find a murderer too!

Oh gosh! This book was absolutely tremendous! This was a locked room mystery, worth of Agatha Christie! While I've gotten quite good at picking up clues and solving the mystery early on, this one was almost unsolvable! How did the victim die in a locked church? And who killed him?

I've been a big fan of Victoria Walters' books since I discovered Glendale Hall, and I was so thrilled when she started to write cosy crime - my favourite genre! She's an absolute natural at delivering a first class whodunnit. This one was particularly high suspense as it involved a gang from London, and I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out who the murderer was!

The story intertwines [without giving spoilers] to the previous two mysteries, and I highly recommend reading all three books in order. After just a few pages in Dedly End you will be wanting to come back for more. With an ending that is worth the wait [and a few toe curling moments], this mystery is definitely a five star read! I absolutely can't wait for the next mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment