Friday, December 11, 2020

Book Review: Dying in a Winter Wonderland

Christmas has arrived in Rudolph, New York, and Merry Wilkinson is looking forward to a much needed rest. But before that can happen, Luanne Ireland walks through her door. Luanne had asked Merry to help make decorations for her wedding, but has suddenly moved the wedding months earlier and is now demanding that everyone follow her lead, regardless of the cost.

But that cost is much higher than anyone anticipated. When Luanne's fiancé is found murdered at their proposed wedding venue, Merry resolves to restore peace and calm to the community of Rudolph. But the closer she gets to the killer, the more personal the case becomes, and Merry begins to worry that a death knell could ring in the New Year. [summary via Amazon]

It's almost Christmas and I'm back with the Year-Round Christmas Mysteries for another dose of Christmas Spirit!

This year my Christmas spirit has ran away from me a little. With my father about to start radiation treatment, I'm finding myself not quite enthusiastic about the upcoming holiday season. While I can't say that Dying in a Winter Wonderland cured all my ills, it certainly did make me forget about my father's health for a little while and magically transplant me back to Rudolph. To a little town where Merry Wilkinson knows how to find trouble and solve a crime!

This time Merry is getting ready for the holidays. It should be a peaceful time to spend with her family and boyfriend, Alan. However Luanne Ireland has sped back into her life, and is demanding she help her with her wedding! A wedding that is due to take place in seven weeks! However, before much planning can be done Luanne's fiancé is found dead... and Merry's brother, Chris, is accused of the crime!

What a tantalizing mystery! Early on I guessed who the killer was, but it didn't take any enjoyment away from the story at all!! Vicki Delany writes well plotted mysteries, and I enjoyed watching Merry pick up all the clues and clear her brother's name!

I absolutely love Rudolph and I wish I could visit there. It sounds simply magical in the winter, especially leading right up to Christmas, and Merry's father being the local Santa Claus! I enjoyed visiting with not just the Wilkinson's, but all of their friends as well! I love the little threads that link the characters in previous books, and watching how their lives unfold. You could easily read this as a standalone, but after a taste of Rudolph you're going to want to read them all!

Dying in a Winter Wonderland was simply magical, and I absolutely can't wait for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment