Friday, April 22, 2016

Book Review: Hiss and Hers by M.C. Beaton

Agatha Raisin is as feisty as ever—armed with her famous wit and biting sense of humor. This time, though, there's some biting of a whole other sort going on. Agatha has fallen head over heels in love - again - for Cotswold gardener George Marston, but so have others, a long suspect list. She foots the bill for a charity ball just for the chance to dance with him, but he fails to show. Agatha finds his body in a compost heap - dead from snake bite.[summary from Goodreads]
It is with much sadness that I read Hiss or Hers. Not because the book was terrible (it wasn't!) but because this was the last book in this series that remained unread to me. Over the last couple of years I've devoured the Agatha Raisin mysteries and I've now read every book and I will be alike to many devoted readers, and awaiting the next release.

I love Agatha Raisin. She's tough, she has spunk and she's fierce. But she also has a good heart and underneath it all is also a romantic. She always hoping to meet the "one" and in Hiss and Hers she thought she had in gardener, George Marston. Unfortunately too many women in the village thought he was the "one" for them too!

When George turns up dead, Agatha goes about trying to solve the mystery in true Agatha style! As the case unravels this looks like it might be one that might get away. Of course Agatha has that dogged determination and she's determined to find the murderer!!

I love every trip to Carsley with Agatha and her friends and this one was no exception. I enjoy Agatha's interactions with Charles Fraith and Mrs Bloxby the most, both being my favourite characters in this series. 

I can't speak highly enough about this series. If you haven't started this series yet pick up Agatha's First Case or Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death and get hooked on this great British series!

No comments:

Post a Comment