Saturday, April 2, 2016

Book Review: Some Like It Witchy by Heather Blake

The Enchanted Village is abuzz when the old Tavistock house finally goes up for sale. Darcy’s friend Curecrafter Cherise Goodwin is hoping she will have the winning bid on the home, but Darcy can’t shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen—and her magical instincts are usually right.
Sure enough, while Darcy and Cherise are looking at the property, they discover real estate agent Raina Gallagher stone-cold dead on the floor. Clutched in her hand is a gemstone amulet and, on the wall above her, a large red A. While Raina had no shortage of enemies, there’s also a dark legend about the house itself. To track down the killer, Darcy must unlock the secrets of both the deceased and the estate—and she’ll need to act fast, because revenge is a deal that never closes.…[summary via Amazon]
Long before Heather Blake started writing the Wishcraft Mysteries, she wrote the Lucy Valentine novels, and I fell in love with a world of magic. Heather has continued to go on to write other series, and I'm forever hooked on her writing, the characters she has created and the villages she has introduced me to!

At the time of reading the Lucy Valentine novels, I'd never read a series like them with the subtle magic and intrigue. I'm so happy to say that Heather Blake continues to write unique and surprising books, that are filled with mystery, intrigue and magic. There is no other series like the Wishcraft mysteries, and they remain a firm favourite amongst so many readers for that reason. Heather Blake draws you in with a unique premise (a family of wishcrafters that live in a village with other magical crafters), and keeps her readers hooked with intriguing plotlines and interesting characters! In a word, once you discover Heather Blake's books you will be forever hooked!

In Some Like It Witchy, the reader gets drawn in to the case of a diamond heist. These aren't ordinary diamonds though, they are magical! And it's proving that someone will do anything to get them, even murder!! I enjoyed trying to solve the mystery alongside Darcy, and while I did guess part of the mystery, I was still surprised by the unveiling at the end.

I love all the characters in this series, although I do have a special place in my heart for Pepe & Mrs P. Those two deserve a book series all of their own! They are two characters with so much charisma and charm, and I loved every scene featuring them!

From the first page to the last I absolutely loved this book! A visit to the Enchanted Village is always special, and and this one was absolutely magical. I can't wait until the next book (Gone With the Witch) comes  out, so I can take another trip back into the magical world of crafters!

Title Information:
Some Like It Witchy by Heather Blake
Book #5 of Wishcraft Mysteries
Published by Berkley/Penguin
Purchase Some Like It Witchy at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment