Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Book Review: Knock Knock You're Dead by M.C. Beaton

Mrs. Morag McPhie hits upon the idea of selling some of her old furniture to raise money to visit her daughter in Australia. But when a dead body turns up, Police Sergeant Hamish Macbeth wonders if the antique business is even more cutthroat than he thought... [summary via Goodreads]
M.C. Beaton has released a short story in her popular Hamish Macbeth series, where Hamish stumbles upon a murder while out visiting the single and elderly. It raises the question of whether someone would kill for an antique!

This was a fun short story. The story is short, but packs a punch with a murder for Hamish to solve. I liked that he was able to solve it quickly. While the story was short, it did remind me of how much I enjoy this series and I'm planning to read more books in this series.

While Agatha Raisin remains my strong favourite, I am fast becoming a big fan of Hamish Macbeth and looking forward to continuing with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment