Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Book Review: Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Hannah Swensen thought she'd finally discovered the recipe for a perfect life. But her sometime beau Norman Rhodes tosses a surprise ingredient into the mix when he phones to tell her he's just bought a house from local drugstore clerk Rhonda Scharf--which he plans to tear down in order to build the dream home he and Hannah designed. It seems the plan has been cooking for quite some time, and Hannah's shocked. Especially since her ring finger is still very much bare. . .
The good news is that the soon-to-be-torn-down house is full of antiques--and Norman has given Hannah and her mother first dibs. They uncover some gorgeous old furniture, a patchwork quilt. . .and Rhonda Scharf's dead body. A little more sleuthing turns up the half-eaten remains of a very special dinner for two--and one of The Cookie Jar's famous lemon meringue pies. Now it's up to Hannah to turn up the heat--and get busy tracking down clues. Starting in her very own kitchen. . .[summary from Amazon]

Another week and another delicious, scrumptious Hannah Swensen mystery to devour! This time with my favorite desert on the front cover, Lemon Meringue Pie!

In Lake Eden, Hannah is getting used to life dating both Norman and Mike, running The Cookie Jar and having her mother's new business right next door! Life is busy, but good for Hannah and her friends. Things start to get interesting, however, when Norman announces that he has bought a house, and the previous owner is found dead in the basement!! It's another murder mystery for Hannah to solve, with the help of not just her sister, Andrea, but her mother too!!

This is the fourth Hannah Swensen I've read as part of my read-along and I'm loving each and every one of them. With each book I'm developing a feeling of coming home, to visit family and friends, and in my opinion that is the mark of a good cozy mystery! Just like real estate it's "location, location, location" and I love visiting with all the folks at Lake Eden! 

I solved the mystery in Lemon Meringue Pie Murder about two-thirds of the way through the book but this didn't take any enjoyment away from the story. I enjoyed watching Hannah try to piece the story together. 

Lemon Meringue Pie Murder was another enjoyable visit to Lake Eden. It has all the thrills of a good adventure, romance and scrumptious recipes. I do warn readers though, after you finish reading you'll be rushing to the kitchen to bake some of these yummy recipes yourself!

Buy Lemon Meringue Pie Murder at Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good, thanks for the review.
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I want to read the first two in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. I want to read the first two in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first 18 books in this series. This is my favorite in the series. Unfortunately, I no longer read this series. The author just kept the Norman/Mike/Hannah triangle going on for way way too long and I lost interest. Sad because at one time this was my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete