Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Audiobook Review: How the Murder Crumbles by Debra Sennefelder

How the Murder Crumbles is the first book in the Cookie Shop Mysteries by Debra Sennefelder, and culinary cozy mystery fans are not going to want to miss this one! 

Mallory Monroe is living her dream. After a career change, she is now operating a cookie shop in Wingate, Connecticut, and everything is going smoothly. That is until she has an altercation with the "Queen Bee" of Wingate, Beatrice Wright. When Beatrice turns up dead, fingers start pointing to Mallory and she must do all she can to clear her name.

LOVE! Simply and utterly LOVE! You know that feeling of biting into a delicious cookie.... crispy on the outside, melt in your mouth on the inside... well that is How the Murder Crumbles. This is the perfect first-in-a-new-series mystery!

I listened to the audiobook and I instantly fell in love with the characters and the quaint setting of Wingate.  The narrator, Ellen Quay, does a great job of drawing you into the story. Once I started I couldn't put it down, and found new chores to do, just to keep listening!

I loved the mystery. I enjoyed getting to know everyone in Wingate and trying to piece the clues together. I didn't manage to solve the mystery before Mallory, which is always a sign of a good mystery! Even after turning off the audiobook I'm still thinking about it, and all the delightful characters and places in Wingate!

If you love culinary cozy mysteries, especially those with a sweet tooth like Jenn McKinlay's Cupcake Bakery Mysteries, you are not going to want to miss this one. An absolute first class mystery and I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment