Friday, June 2, 2023

Book Review: Cat's Paws and Curses by Nancy Warren

It's time for a short Christmas [almost in July] mystery and Nancy Warren has you covered with a festive Vampire Knitting Club mystery!

Lucy is getting together with her [human] knitting circle, to enjoy good company and festive knits. However not all is festive and happy, when one of the members of the circle is killed. In a brilliant locked room mystery, Lucy must figure out who the killer is before they strike again.

I love a locked room mystery! With only a limited number of suspects and clues laid out before you, can you solve it before the amateur sleuth? In this case.... yes! It was clear early on who the victim and murderer were. However, it was enjoyable watching it play out and confirm my theory!

I listened on audio to this short story and it was great. It's the perfect length for a long dog walk. I have only one Vampire Knitting Club mystery left, and it is going to be a happy-sad moment when I start it. This series has zoomed up my list of most favourites! If you like knitting and/or supernatural mysteries then this series is for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment