Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Book Review: Class Reunions are Murder by Libby Klein

In her first adventure, Poppy McAllister is back in her hometown of Cape May, New Jersey, for a school reunion. Her hope is to get into town, attend the reunion, and quickly go back home. However, it seems like someone else has a plan for her... frame her murder! When Barbie Pomeroy-Clark, popular cheerleader and the girl who bullied her all throughout school, is murdered, it looks like someone is trying to pin the crime on Poppy! Together with her friends and eccentric Aunt Ginny, Poppy must clear her name before time runs out.... and she spends the rest of her life behind bars!

Oh gosh, I just simply LOVED this book! While I had heard of this series before, and it was on my reading list, I was given an extra incentive to start it now, as the author is hosting a Summer Book Bingo! I never need an excuse to start a reading challenge, and I couldn't wait to dive into the first book!

From the very first page, I adored Poppy and found myself relating to her in so many ways. I've just entered middle-age myself, and know how easy it is to get into a rut. Similarly, I stick to a very strict gluten free diet, so it was interesting to watch Poppy transform not just her life around her, but also what she eats as well. 

Of course that's where the similarities end, as Poppy gets herself caught up in a murder investigation, and the investigating Officer is determined to pin the crime on Poppy! I loved every minute of the investigation. Aunt Ginny is an absolute treasure and a hoot and a half! As are her friends! 

If you enjoy fun, fast-paced cozy mysteries, you won't want to miss this one! It's an enjoyable mystery, that will have you curling your toes in delight, and craving just another page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment