Friday, July 7, 2023

Book Review: The Vampire Knitting Club: Cornwall by Nancy Warren

So far this year, I have completely devoured the Vampire Knitting Club mysteries by Nancy Warren. I'm a yarn dyer by day, and a customer recommended them to me, and oh my gosh... I loved them! I have completely finished the series, so I started on the spin-off The Vampire Knitting Club: Cornwall. Amazing! Every bit as good as the original series.

Lucy Swift's best friend, Jennifer Cunningham, is helping her open a second yarn shop in Cornwall. Jennifer is at a loose end in her life, since leaving Boston and she is in no hurry to return. Being an avid knitter, she's more than happy to get the shop up and running and figure things out later. However, when she stumbles on a dead body before the shop is even open, she knows she is going to have to play amateur sleuth first.

I love, love, loved this book! Jennifer is a witch, a knitter and a person with a complicated past. She is an absolute joy to have an adventure with. Naturally in Cornwall she meets so many interesting characters, and it is such a fun, first adventure!

I like that while the mystery itself is solved by the end, there is still so many unanswered questions about Jennifer and the occupants of Tregrebi, Cornwall. Like the undead almost-pirate like Gryffn? He could have been a Lord but he prefers to spend his time in the sea. It's going to be so much fun to watch the locals stories unfold in future books!

The Vampire Knitting Club: Cornwall is simply tremendous! It can be read as a standalone, as it does introduce characters from the original series. Lucy and her undead vampire, Rafe, make an appearance. However, I'm certain after reading this one you'll want to go back and read the original Vampire Knitting Club mysteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment