Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Book Review: It Came Upon a Midnight Shear by Allie Pleiter

By day I'm a yarn dyer, and by night I'm a knitter and reader. I absolutely love when my two worlds collide, and no-one does yarn-themed cozy mysteries like Allie Pleiter. I loved the first two, and I was excited to read the latest, It Came Upon a Midnight Shear.

This story brings Libby's past back to Collinstown with her ex-husband coming to town to stir up trouble. Unfortunately for Sterling, he's the newest murder victim in town. In order to clear her name, Libby and her Y.A.R.N.ies set out to solve the mystery!

The mystery was a fabulous whodunnit that left me guessing right until the end! I definitely had an "aha" moment when I realized a clue earlier in the book tied everything together near the end! I've gotten pretty good at solving mysteries, so I was thrilled when this one truly stumped me!

As someone that spends her whole life immersed in yarn, I am so captivated by these mysteries. The author always brings something special that resonates with how I feel as a knitter and dyer. This time it was the special qualities of vicuna. I loved learning about a fibre that I knew little about. Let's just say a little vicuna is definitely on my fibre wish list!

It Came Upon a Midnight Shear is my absolute favourite in this series [so far] and I can't wait to see what Libby gets up to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment