Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Book Review: Steeped in Secrets by Lauren Elliott

Welcome to California’s Monterey Peninsula, where life looks calm and idyllic, but there is a sinister murderer in their midst. Shayleigh Myers has returned home to Bray Harbor, after a disaster of a marriage has left her practically destitute. She soon discovers that she has been left an inheritance from Bridget Early, the previous owner of Crystals & CuriosiTEAS.  With the help of her sister and young assistant, Tassi, she's hoping to convert the shop into a teahouse. That is, until a dead body lands on her roof and she must find a killer, before her new life is ruined before it has even started.

I absolutely love Lauren Elliott's Beyond the Page Bookstore Mysteries. As soon as I heard she had a new series, I knew I had to pick it up immediately! Well let me say, this series is even better! Right from the very first page, I was absolutely smitten with Shay, the sexy Irish pub owner next door, Liam, and even sullen teen, Tassi! 

The mystery itself had me in a tangled web, that I tried to unravel, but kept getting knotted up even more! The death's of Bridget and the man on her roof, become woven into questions Shay has about her own life, and it was truly a delight to see the final denouement revealed. 

If you enjoy paranormal mysteries, this series has been on your winter "must-read" list. Alike to me, you will be turning the last page and absolutely begging for more. I can't wait to take another trip to Bray Harbor, and see what adventure Shay is going to get into next!

No comments:

Post a Comment