Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Book Review: One Poison Pie by Lynn Cahoon

Kitchen Witch, Mia Malone, has returned to Magic Springs, where she hopes to set up her catering and culinary school. Things take a turn for the worst when her Grandmother's best friend, Adele, is found murdered. With the local police determined to pin the crime on Mia, she must solve the crime and free her name... with the help of a few unlikely friends.

Okay, I confess. I picked this one up based solely on the cover. At the bookstore it just screamed "buy me"! Well let's be honest, all the cozies scream that. But doesn't this one look fun?

From the very first chapter I loved the storyline and characters. Mia is returning to town with her ex's little sister, Christina, in tow. Mia can see that while Christina is troubled she has a good heart, and it was nice to see Mia take her under her wing! When things don't go as planned, it's the help of Christina, Grans, and two local Warlocks that help untangle the mystery. Oh how I loved all these characters!! I was so sad when I turned the last page, but luckily for me there are plenty more books!!

The mystery was a stunning whodunnit. I didn't guess the ending at all! I'm pretty good at picking up the clues, usually, but this one had me really stumped!

One Poison Pie is a spectacular start to this series. If you enjoy paranormal mysteries likeJuliet Blackwell's Witchcraft Mysteries, then you need to try this original, highly enticing paranormal cozy mystery. Mia Malone is definitely my new favourite Kitchen Witch and I can't wait to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment