Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Book Review: Agatha Raisin & the Fairies of Fryham by M.C. Beaton

Agatha Raisin is heading north for a vacation, following some psychic advice that she will find love in the north. However in the sleepy town of Fryham she finds not love, but murder. Agatha doesn't feel at home in Fryham and she's almost relieved when her friend, Sir Charles Fraith, turns up. However they soon have their hands full trying to solve a murder, which could be difficult to do since the locals don't seem to trust them.

I really love the Agatha Raisin mysteries. I prefer the funnier mysteries like Stephanie Plum, Jaine Austen and Agatha Raisin falls into this category too. She's always a hoot and I always put down a Agatha Raisin mystery feeling like I went on a adventure with a great friend.

I did miss Carsely in this one, but it was fun to see Agatha and Charles stir trouble in Fryham. The reader gets a little bit of resolution of the Sir Charles Fraith -v- James Lacey in Agatha's love life and I won't say more than that. I do believe she's better off with Sir Charles than the stuffy James, but we will have to wait to see what M.C. Beaton has in store for Agatha for the future.

A thoroughly fun mystery and naturally I plan to continue until I'm caught up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment