Monday, April 14, 2014

Book Review: Spinning in her Grave by Molly MacRae

In the third book in the Haunted Yarn Shop Mysteries, the town folk in Blue Plum are looking to celebrate the Blue Plum Preserves, with a festival and a skit that has been nicknamed the "Piglet War". However, not all is fun and frivolity when a person is accidentally shot during the skit. However, afterwards it seems that it wasn't an accident at all.

This is how much I love the Haunted Yarn Shop Mysteries: before purchasing this book I didn't even read the synopsis at the back. I know that every new mystery by Molly MacRae I will love, and they are always auto-buys for me. I was ready to dive in with the Thank Gosh It's Fiber group! Having done this I had no clue who the victim was, which was actually a fun experience. Straight off I saw a few disliked people that could be the victim, and actually guessed right! However, finding the killer.... well I never saw that one coming!!

I'm a bit of a yarn geek and I loved reading about everyone's projects, and the spinning... oh yes I loved the spinning demonstrations during the festival. I also loved learning more about Kath's friend, the friendly ghost Geneva. Her story is slowly unfolding, and I love how we get to hear a little bit more of it with each books. I'm happy for this story to drag out, because if Kath solves Geneva's own death, will that mean no more Geneva? That would be very sad, because Geneva definitely brings a element of fun and spontaneity to the stories.

This is a fun series and the latest book is a fantastic whodunit. Even though the killer seemed obvious when it was revealed, I never solved it in time. Maybe I will next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can create short urls with OUO and get cash from every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete