Thursday, April 10, 2014

Book Review: Sugar and Iced by Jenn McKinlay

In the latest Cupcake Bakery Mystery our favourite bakers, Angie and Mel, find themselves knee deep in tiaras, cupcakes and murder when they agree to bake cupcakes for the Miss Sweet Tiara Pageant. When a mean judge turns up dead, fingers point to one of Mel and Angie's friends and they must do all they can to find a killer.

I'm not really a pageant person, but I love my cupcakes and I love Cupcake Bakery Mysteries. I've been following the lives of Mel and Angie, and Tate, their best friend and business partner, and the endless men in Mel's life.

The mystery is top-notch, but what I liked the best about Sugar and Iced was watching the developing storylines amongst the characters, that have grown from the first book. I've become so invested in the lives of Mel and Angie and I was glad that one of them has a happy ending (for now!) and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future involves for the other. I won't spoil it for readers!!

I absolutely can't get enough of the Cupcake Bakery Mysteries! I plan to try some of the cupcake recipes in the back while I patiently (okay impatiently) wait for the next book to be released in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment