Friday, May 2, 2014

Book Review: Dorothy Daisy by Una Tiers

The third book in the Fiona Gavelle Mysteries sees Fiona dealing with a difficult elderly lady who wants to create a trust for her assets. Dorothy Daisy is more than a little strange. When Fiona first meets her she seems like any normal elderly lady, but she starts acting weird and one day Fiona gets a call that Dorothy has been kidnapped!! It's going to take all of Fiona's best sleuthing and lawyer skills to try and untangle this one.

I try not to judge a book by its cover but when I first picked this one up I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. Well let me say I won't be ever judging a book by its cover again, because this delightful story thrilled me from beginning to end. I liked Fiona Gavelle a lot. Most lawyers wouldn't be bothered in trying to track down Dorothy. After all Dorothy had already paid her bill and it isn't up to Fiona to be responsible for the elderly lady's welfare. However, she does her best to try and unravel the mystery and make sure Dorothy is okay.

I really liked this story. It kept me guessing the entire time. Even though it was only a novella length (71 pages on my ereader), Una Tiers certainly packs a punch within this length. I didn't have a clue as to the real mystery behind Dorothy's disappearance, and thoroughly enjoyed reading the conclusion to the events.

Una Tiers is now on my list of indie authors to watch, and eagerly await for more books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment