Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Book Review: The Million Dollar Bond Robbery

Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings have another mystery on their hands when they have to solve the puzzle of a missing million dollar bond that has been stolen on it's journey to New York.

I like the short stories because there a lot of them, which means a lot more Agatha Christie for me to enjoy, and also because I usually have more success solving these than I do the full-length novels. In the case of The Million Dollar Bond Robbery I did guess the mystery before Captain Hastings. However I suspect Hercule Poirot had this one solved before he even heard of it!

My favourite line from this story: "Good Lord, Poirot! Do you know, I'd give a considerable sum of money to see you make a thorough ass of yourself - just for once." I love the relationship between Poirot and Hastings.

This was another good Agatha Christie short story. If you haven't read a Agatha Christie novel yet, I recommend picking up one of her many short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment