Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Review: Jailhouse Glock by Lizbeth Lipperman

Jailhouse Glock is the second book in the Dead Sister Talking Mysteries. I really fell in love with this series when I read the first book in this series, Heard It Through the Grapevine. For readers that haven’t read this series yet, I highly recommend starting with the first book so they can discover this great town of Vineyard and find out why the Garcia’s sisters have their dead sister, Tessa, as their own friendly ghost.

In Jailhouse Glock, we get an adventure featuring Maddy. Maddy is a widower and a cop. She’s alarmed to see Tessa one day, who says she is here to help Maddy out, but Maddy’s not in trouble… yet! One night on her shift a prisoner is shot with her own gun and of course suspicion falls on her! With the help of her sisters, both dead and alive, they must clear Maddy’s name before she receives life in jail!

I love, LOVE, LOVE this series. The five sisters are all fabulous, and I love seeing each book featuring a different sister. In the first book it is Lainey’s story and now we get Maddy’s story. Each sister is unique and has their own baggage, and we learn more about Maddy’s life, as the girls try to clear her name.

Lizbeth Lipperman packs a powerful punch with this adventure. It kept me on the edge of my seat and when I thought I had everything figured out, she swung a storyline I wasn’t expected. I love when a story keeps me guessing and this one definitely did! Jailhouse Glock was everything I was wanting and more, and I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment